Tuesday, March 31, 2009

WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE


Maurice Sendak is my all time favorite children's book author/illustrator. From the moment I opened the pages of 'Where the Wild Things Are' and read the story of disobedient Max to my preschool class in 1980 I was hooked!
Following WTWTA I discovered many other Maurice Sendak books including Really Rosie, Chicken Soup With Rice, Pierre, In the Night Kitchen...all amazingly illustrated and dealing with real kid issues. I love these books, the illustrations and their messages!

And now, 'Where the Wild Things Are' comes to the BIG SCREEN! And not some animated Care Bear like version either! Oh no...this is a film with really truly human actors!!!

So where will THIS wild thing be October 16th??? Darn right! At the opening of 'Where the Wild Things Are'. After all, whats a Wild Rumpus without some Wild Things in the audience???

2 comments:

Jast said...

Heya there I like your blog. I found the link to it on fb, so I was checking it out...very cool!

one of my faves of children's books was "The Five Chinese Brothers", and "Where the Wild Things Are" is definitely up there in the top 5!

The Rich Family said...

I'm sure Gavin and I'll will be seeing that show :) I'm sorry we didn't have time to catch up with you when we were in cali :( Next time!