Sunday, December 14, 2008

Merriest of Merriest!


I LOVE DISNEYLAND! Well, who doesn't? I mean really, who doesn't? (well, except for my friend Sam of course) Our family has had APs (Annual Passports, yes we are as they say "passholes") for 14 years! And Disneyland during the Holidays? Well, it really doesn't get any better than that!
Yesterday my two youngest children, Meaghan and Dylan performed with their clogging team, The CA All-Star Cloggers, at Disneyland for their 8 or 9th year in a row. (I really have lost track!) My dad joined us for the day, and it was great fun for everyone!
We lunched on burgers at the Village Haus, danced on the Carnation Stage, cruised It's A Small World Holiday, rode Big Thunder Mountain, took tons of pictures, were entertained by the babies and toddlers of strangers experiencing the Magic of Disney at Christmas, sipped hot cocoa, shopped, marveled at the lights and decorations, dined at the Plaza, watched as Sleeping Beauty's Castle became icicle covered, were amazed at the lights on the Christmas tree, wanted to be in the Christmas Fantasy Parade and cried during the snowfall on Mainstreet as "White Christmas" wafted through the night. (Well, in truth, the parade part and the crying part were just me.)
Although our feet were killing us, our hands and noses were freezing and our hearts were full, our tummies were not! So our final glad tiding of the night was a trip through Downtown Disney on our way home with a stop for Beignets and cocoa and coffee at the Jazz Kitchen Express. As we munched on our treats, the powdered sugar sprinkled down all around us like snow!
It was a very special Wallace/Shelton/CAS/Disney Christmas, and I loved every single non-stop minute of it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just for the record about DisneyLand....it's not my fault. I come from a large family and I am among the oldest. I have 41 cousins. Yes, 41, my grandparent's had 11 children. So, when lots of little kids congregate, it gives me anxiety. ANXIETY. You know there is like a noise that emanates from these little tykes that just is like (I just shivered) nails on a chalkboard. Grrrr...

beckie said...

Oh honey, believe me, I understand and I totally get it.