Friday, December 5, 2008

Cracked Xmas 11


This Sunday, December 7, 2008, is the The Trevor Project's 11th annual "Cracked Xmas" at the Wiltern Theater. It is an evening full of merriment and joy and it is the single largest fundraising event for The Trevor Project annually. The Trevor Project is the nations only non profit, 24 hour suicide prevention hotline for gay youth. They are all about saving young lives! I will write more about TTP in a future blog...

I volunteered and attended my first CXmas in 2004. It will live in my memory and my heart FOREVER. David and I arrived that morning and began setting up the room with a team of hard working volunteers. My sweet friend Brian joined us later for the show. I was overwhelmed by the colors, the sounds, the talent, the people, the M&Ms, the generosity - all of it! I was amazed to find myself in the same room with Elvira, Lipsinka, Momma, the Nuns of Perpetual Indulgence, Allison Janney, Megan Mullally, Debra Messing, Judith Light, Jorge Valencia and Betty Buckley!

I met Sam Borelli that rainy Sunday in 2004. Sam serves on the Board of Directors of TTP and has a HUGE heart for gay youth. Sam has been a source of support, laughter, wisdom, joy and love for me and has become one of my dearest friends. Our eyes met over the volunteer sign in table that day and he directed me to the restroom! The rest, as they say, is history!

This years event will not disappoint! The Wiltern's halls will be decked with festive holiday adornments and the talent includes Wanda Sykes, the cast of Spring Awakening, Fantasia and more! The appetizing pre-show goodies provided by Wolfgang Puck and you have an opportunity to finish Holiday shopping at the Silent and Live Auctions! You will be surrounded by wonderful people that want to help save young lives! Bring a friend, make a friend! Have a great time! What could be better?

Join the supporters of The Trevor Project for this fabulous event. Cracked XMAS 11. Have a great time as you support the effort of saving young lives.

http://www.thetrevorproject.org/c11landing.aspx

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Isn´t there an old saying that says : "If You save one life, You save the world"?
I hope You´ll save the world many times this year!
Christer.

Unknown said...

It's true. My friends call my Hayden now. Save the Cheerleader, Save the World.

Gooooooh team!