Friday, December 12, 2008

crazywonderful!

It has been one of those crazysadwonderfulexhaustingfulfiillingoutrageousblessedrewarding weeks!

Saturday - 6:30 AM Meaghan and I head out from Rancho Cucamonga to Los Angeles for "The Trevor Project Gift Bag Party" as I call it! Together with 30+ volunteers we filled over 500 gift bags for the attendees of Cracked Xmas 11. My 4th year Gift Bag Partying! Always a great time!
After we finished Gift Bagging, we jump in the car and head to Anaheim! Clogging performance at the Anaheim Tree Lighting Ceremony!

Sunday - I attended The Trevor Project's Annual Fundraising Gala "Cracked Xmas 11". A Not So Silent Night to be sure! Fantasia, Wanda, Sigourney, Anne, Lesley, Sarah, Selma, and the cast of Springs Awakening had us laughing, crying, dancing, applauding and check writing! The highlight of my evening was spending time with very special friends and meeting the one and only Jennifer Coolidge! She made me want to eat a hot dog real bad while doing the bend and snap wearing a meat skirt and wrestling a lion! All the while asking myself "What about me?" If you have not seen her movies, you must!

Monday - After a long day at work and school, David, Meaghan and I Shooby Dooby Doobied down to Ruby's for their 26th Anniversary! To celebrate, Ruby rolled back the price of a Ruby Burger and Fries to $2.60! We were joined by my daddy and my friends Brian and Robbie for dinner. Ruby's has been one of my favorite restaurants for over 20 years. When the boys were small, Ruby's in the Crystal Court was our Friday night hangout. Dinner at Ruby's followed by a spin on the Merry Go Round and window shopping. Good times, good memories, good food!

Tuesday - Clogging class in Anaheim! My two youngest have been clogging with CA All-Star Cloggers for 10 years! Yes, 10 years! As we waited for Meaghan's class to finish, we were pleasantly surprised by the Disneyland Fireworks in the sky above us! I love pyro!

Wednesday - There is nothing like company and office Holiday Luncheons to get you in the Yuletide Spirit! Encouraging everyone to have a good time and participate in the ornament exchange and sit near each other all the while keeping a smile on my face...
After work and school it was back to Anaheim for a clogging performance at the annual Family Christmas Party at Anaheim First Christian Church. The audience was great and really inspired the cloggers to dance their best!
Thank you Anaheim First!

Thursdsay - Clogging class in LaVerne! Yes, they have class two nights a week! After we dropped Meg off for class, it was a trip to the grocery store followed by a late night of Pumpkin Bread baking by yours truly.
20 loaves and counting...

Friday - I AM OUTRAGED at Pat Boone's (yes, PAT BOONE!) ignorant comments comparing the Prop 8 Protesters with Mumbai Terrorists! Because I am a lady, I won't write what I really think of him, but if someone wanted to serve him a "turd cooked in poison" I wouldn't stop them. And I will be contacting his people and schooling them. You Betcha!
Tonight will be dinner at the in-laws with the Oregon relatives that are in town. We will spend some quality time sharing our cultures.

Saturday - Tomorrow - Meaghan and Dylan are performing with CAS at Disneyland. It just never ends! But I wouldn't have it any other way, cuz this is what makes the Royal Rumpus that is my life so wonderful.
Tootsie Roll and I hope you have a restful weekend!

No comments: