Monday, April 27, 2009

Miss Bailey Sutton


This morning, April 27, 2009, at approximately 3:20 am, I lost a very special friend. Miss Bailey Sutton.
Bailey was beautiful. She had the sweetest brown eyes and the kindest face. Every time I saw her she filled me with warmth and happiness.
Sometimes Bailey would play with me , sometimes she would just sit by me. But always she gave me love.
Bailey was the beagle daughter of my sweet framily Brian and Robbie and my heart aches with and for them.
Bailey had a musical bark that I just loved. It was music to my ears as she greeted me with it and ALWAYS made me feel welcome. She had this cute little way of begging -Brian and Robbie call it 'Kangaroo Paws'. And she was so smart! She had a comprehension of language beyond that of most dogs! She tolerated being dressed up, she even allowed me to put a tiara on her. She was the worlds greatest baby turtle finder! And she knew how to unwrap presents! Not just tear them apart, actually unwrap the paper. It was amazing. She was amazing.
She loved her 'babies' (toys) and loved to play fetch. She loved her Dingo bones. She loved to take walks. She loved her special place on the back of the chair where she could see out the front window or take a nap. She loved her sister Bessie. She loved her Papa and Daddy. She loved everyone she met, and they could not help but love her.
I saw her for the last time yesterday, around 5pm. Little did any of us know she would only be with us for less than 12 more hours. She greeted me with her music and gave me puppy kisses and snuggles and followed me out to the backyard. She helped me open my birthday gift! She seemed perfectly perfect.
Bailey gave me a wonderful gift yesterday - a blessing really - time spent with her. I was able to love on her and get loved by her, one last time.
Bailey brought sunshine and comfort when times were dark and she gave love unconditionally to everyone she met.
I love you Bailey. I miss you.

Puppy Kisses, Auntie B xoxo

No comments: