Friday, April 24, 2009

FRIDAY! FABULOUS FRIDAY! FINALLY!

Finally it is Friday. My FAVORITE day of the week. And a very special Friday indeed!

This week found me swimming in many different pools of overwhelming feelings and emotions. Feelings of PROFOUND SADNESS at the news of yet another 11 year old BULLIED TO DEATH; FRUSTRATED by a scale that doesn't seem to recognize my diet and exercise efforts; STRESSED yet ENERGIZED by multiple responsiblities at the office; ANXIETY when I didn't hear from my children; PRIDE in watching my oldest at work; EXHAUSTION from the commute; APPRECIATED by coworkers on Admin Pro Day; in AWE of my daughter standing up for what is RIGHT on the National Day of Silence; THANKFUL for dear friends and family; HAPPINESS reflecting from my Dad's happiness; EXCITEMENT as I anticipate Dylan's performance in Evan's play tonight; GRATITUDE for all God has given me...

Today is a special day for my Zuzu's Petals! Zuzu became a member of the Wallace Family 5 years ago today on April 24, 2004! At a very dark time in my life, Zuzu's Petals (when she was a wee puppy we called her Zuzu's Piddles!) brought me light and love and hope and happiness. In the movie "It's A Wonderful Life", George Bailey finds the petals from Zuzu's flower in his pocket and his hope is renewed! MY Zuzu did much the same for me and continues to be my baby, my companion, my heater, my security alarm, my dust buster and my friend. Happy Adoption Birthday Zuzu! Mommy Loves You!!!
Have a Wonderful Weekend!
smoochies, beckie

No comments: