Sunday, January 4, 2009

Kiss Me At Midnight!


What do warm coats, lettuce wraps, Wallace kids,banging pots, party poppers, little smokies, beagles, Ryan Seacrest and cream puffs have in common? New Years Eve Wallace Style!

Austin, Dennice, Evan (Katie had to work), Dylan, Meaghan and David and I bundled up and made our way to PF Changs for dinner where we enjoyed a variety of our favorite dishes, lively conversation and laughter.
After dinner, Austin and Dennice headed to a party, and Evan headed to Katie's house.
Back at home, we watched movies, ate little smokies, chips and salsa, and drank champagne!

When midnight arrived, kisses were exchanged and the New Year was ringing in - Wallace Family style-with pots and pans and party poppers!

In the morning, David left to join the Congdons for the Rose Bowl Game (let the tailgating begin!), Evan was AT the Rose Parade with Katie and her family, and I was watching the Rose Parade with Edwards and Eubanks while sipping my morning coffee! Meaghan and Dylan finally got up and we spent a wonderful day together watching old movies and snacking.

I love parades. Local parades, Disney Parades, The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, The Rose Parade...I love them all...could it have something to do with me being in marching band in high school? Not sure, maybe...but there is nothing like getting up on New Years Day, turning on the tube and hearing the familiar voices of Bob Eubanks and Stephanie Edwards and seeing spectacular floats cruise down Colorado Blvd. Perhaps next year I will join Evan and Katie along the parade route...

Welcome 2009! I greet you with cautious optimism,hope and thankfulness. I wish all of my family and friends a very Happy New Year!

smoochies, beckie

No comments: