Friday, February 27, 2009

The ABC's of Beckie


So I get these "About Me" lists all the time on Facebook and email. It seems there are more ways to tell people about yourself than Carters has little green pills! (wow, that dates me! My mom used to say that!) I think they are kinda silly, kinda fun, kinda entertaining. So, humor me as I list the ABC's of ME!

A - Age:
51 (OH MY GAH!)

B - Bed size:
Queen, because I am the Queen...

C - Chore you hate:
Cleaning the toilets...ew

D - Dad's name:
Ralph Conrad. Love you Daddy!

E - Essential start your day item:
COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE and MORE COFFEE

F - Favorite actress:
Oh my gosh...ONE? Choose one? Impossible. I couldn't. I can't! Judy, Toni Collette, Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet, Rosemary Clooney, Jennifer Coolidge, Meg Ryan, Anne Hathaway, Kristen Chenoweth, Abigail Breslin...I could go on and on and on....

G - Gold or Silver:
Silver - however, white gold with my diamonds...actually, platinum is even better!

H - Height:
Short. 5'2". If only I were 5'8". I would not be overweight at all! I would be perfect! 6 inches. All I need is 6 more inches....oh...that kinda sounds naughty. Sorry.

I - Instruments you play(ed):
Flute and Piccolo - One time at band camp....

J - Job title:
Mom, teacher, cheerleader, nurse, therapist, taxi driver, personal shopper, cook, maid, activist, social director, sex kitten and in my spare time an Administrative Assistant.

K - Kid(s):
3 boys, 1 girl, 2 girlfriends, 2 beagles, 1 fat cat.

L - Living arrangements:
I live with Meaghan and David in our car as we commute to and from work/school each day. Actually our home is in Rancho Cucamonga where I live with my husband of 32 years (yes, 32 years. I was a child bride) 2 of my sons, my daughter, our 2 beagles and a cat! Sometimes there's an army of ants living with us too...ew

M - Mom's name:
Vivian Margaret Ann. Love you mama. Miss you.

N - Nickname:
Oh so many...BecHO, Becca, Becksters, Anastasia Beaverhausen, Elphie, Elphabec...I pretty much answer to anything...

O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth:
When I was 9 years old I had my tonsils out; Spent a week in the hospital when I was pregnant with Austin; the deliveries of my 4 beautiful babies (not all at the same time!); and an emergency postpartum stay after Evan for about a week...scary.

P - Pet Peeve:
Pot stirrers (not to be confused with pot stickers and kitchen utensils)

Q - Quotes you like:
"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" - Elphaba, from Wicked
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
- Mahatma Gandhi

R - Right or left handed:
Right handed, but politically left.

S - Siblings:
1 younger brother.

T - Time you wake up:
Weekday mornings...4:30 am
Weekend mornings...whenever I feel like it...

V - Vegetable you dislike:
Canned peas, Asparagus, Canned spinach, Yams, Mushrooms...this list is gonna be too long...it would be better if I listed the ones I like...much shorter list, much less typing, much less time to read...

W - Ways you run late:
Uh...when someone doesn't give me the correct directions or when mapquest tells me to turn left when I should have turned right; traffic; oversleeping....I'm just sayin...

X - X-rays you've had:
UTERUS(don't ask! okay, you can ask, but I warned you!) chest, teeth, I think thats it...

Y - Yummy food you make:
Baked Mosticiolli, Swedish Pancakes, Brownies, Chili, Meat Loaf...

Z - Zodiac (as in constellation born under)-
TAURUS- but I am definitely NOT bullheaded and stubborn! There is absolutely no way on this earth that I would ever be thought of as stubborn. Never. Nope. Not me. ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

RancHo Cracked Up Mutha

Anonymous said...

You forgot TOAD for your nicknames. And your 3 grandpups. Katie and I want that mosticolli now.