Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Trams Have Doors?

Yesterday I spent the 18th anniversary of my 35th birthday (do the math yourself) at the Happiest Place on Earth, Disneyland.
After parking the car we made our way to the loading area for the trams to be transported to the entrance to the parks.
And that is when I saw them and had an epiphany...the trams have been retrofitted with DOORS. Doors.
I have been riding the Disneyland trams for the majority of my life. I have never fallen out, never dropped a bag. I have always seated my children in the middle of the bench seat and kept my feet and hands inside the car at all times. I have removed my children from their strollers before boarding and I have NEVER sat on my husbands lap because lap sitting is only for small children.

Our society has grown increasingly undisciplined. This lack of respect for rules, laws and safety puts EVERYONE at an increased risk for harm.
Evidence of our society's lack of discipline can be observed in many ways - parents transporting their babies in strollers on escalators, grandmothers 'driving' ECV's (Electric Convenience Vehicles) with their grandchildren on their laps, using a cell phone while driving.
It is simple really. Follow the rules. They are there to keep you and others safe. Follow the rules because I don't want to be a victim of your lack of discipline.
The trams have doors. I feel so much safer now.

No comments: