Friday, August 21, 2009

The Amazing and Amusing Costco! (or how Beckie amuses herself while waiting for the hubs!)

As I waited ever so patiently in OC for the hubs to finish golfing last night I was drawn to the local Costco for frozen yogurt. As I strolled through the warehouse with my yummy treat in hand (and my iphone in the other) I was struck by the assortment of strange, amazing and wonderful things available for purchase! And then it happened - the BRAINFREEZE - right in front of a 2 foot tall LAVA LAMP. 2 FEET TALL! Gazing as though I were in a trance at the glob of gloop moving ever so slowly in the Lava Lamp, the giant 2 foot tall Lava Lamp, my brainFREEZE became a brainSTORM! "People must see this! They must see the strange and wonderful things you can purchase at Costco! Costco is more than just giant jars of mayonnaise! You can have the giant Lava Lamp of your dreams!" And so for the next hour and a half I amused myself by taking pictures of the strange and wonderful in Costco! Enjoy!


Your home is not complete without the GIANT 2 FOOT TALL LAVA LAMP.Availabe in two color combinations! Red/Purple and Green/Blue!


SCARY!!! A Ginormous SKULL that begins laughing a very spooky laugh and flashes red eyes when you move close to it! EEK!


No, these are not peppers...this is a specialty citrus tree! The 'Fingered Citron' is commonly known as 'Buddha's Hand'. The fragrance is wonderful and very strong. But that Buddha has some scary skinny fingers goin on!





Such a cute little red leather chair! So comfy! I'll take two!


And a comfy chair of another kind...a throne if you will...this toilet was just sitting out in the middle of the aisle. I refrained from lifting the lid...


Keurig Koffee MaKer...one cup at a time! I was amused by this. ONE cup of coffee at a time in a store that sells GIANT LAVA LAMPS.



Books about Cooks....and Books that help you Cook





4 pound can of Chicken of the Sea! WOWIE!



And you can even pick up some men that serve...and some serve yourself men! They were the dessert, er I mean, in the dessert aisle! Those silly paramedic guys always looking so deelish!



The final item of my amazing tour of Costco, the item that took my breath away right there in the garden center, the item that would make my friend Sam curse at it's sight on this 20th day of August 2009...



FROSTY THE SNOWMAN! And it's beginning to look strangely and wonderfully like Christmas!
I just crack myself up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I wonder what was in that yogurt to set you on such a rampage...

And hey, that Frosty The Snowman is so cute! AllTheSamBorellis are nothin' but a gaggle of grinches, aren't they? :-P


~ Joel Mahr ~