Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's Turkey Lurkey Time!


Thanksgiving Eve...The Night Before Thanksgiving! The night before the day we spend with our nearest and dearest and reflect on our many blessings. I will start tomorrow the way I start every Thanksgiving...sipping a big hot cup of joe (that my sweet husband David will have brought to me) while I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (my very favorite parade in the whole wide world.) I love that parade! The reporters in their warm winter coats, the big balloons, the Macy's Stars, the Broadway Shows, Snoopy, the dance teams, the close calls and mishaps, the bands, the crowds, Santa....Every year as I am watching it I say to David, "I would love to be in NY for Thanksgiving and go to the parade." And every year he sweetly replies "someday we will."

So like I wrote earlier, it's Thanksgiving eve, and I am watching Home Alone 2, Lost In New York. Well, I am not actually watching it-- more like listening to it and glancing at the tv every so often. I love this movie. I love everything about it. Kevin and his antics, The Christmas Pageant, the pigeon lady, Mr. Duncan, the extended family, the shower scene, the turtle doves, The PLAZA, the hotel staff, Central Park, the bad guys, the room service, Rockefeller Center...NYC...LOVE IT! Every time I watch this movie I say "wouldn't it be beautiful to be in NYC for Christmas!" And every time my sweet husband replies "someday we will."

Will I ever really be in NYC for Thanksgiving or Christmas? Who knows. Maybe... I love the dream, and I love David for keeping my dream alive. But tomorrow, Thanksgiving Day 2008, I WILL be with my family. With my husband, my four children, the girlfriends, the grandparents, the niece, the aunties, an uncle and maybe a friend or two. Right here in SoCal. And when I have them all around me, when the royal rumpus begins, I listen to their laughter, their stories, their snoring (cuz you know what turkey does to you!) there isn't anywhere I would rather be! And I am thankful. Thankful that we have each other, that we love each other, that we have love in abundance, that we have our health and our homes and jobs! I am Thankful for my puppies - Zuzu's Petals and Just Jack. And for my friends - some new, some not so new, some textual- all wonderful!

I have much to be Thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving.





No comments: