Friday, June 19, 2009

What Would They Do?


It really shouldn't be a part of being a mom, being taken for granted, but it is. It seems to be a part of being a wife too. And sadly, it is even a part of being a friend.
One would think that at my age, after 32 years of marriage and being a mom for 26 years, I would have grown accustomed to it. And for the most part I have, which is probably the problem! That I have accepted it as being a normal part of my life as wife/mom/friend.
I realize I have made the mistake of accepting being taken for granted or being taken advantage of as the 'norm'. That I have seemingly ignored these hurtful words and actions or even worse, the lack of words and actions of those that I love so much.
How many times have I heard myself say "I have had it" or " I am done" or "I quit" or "I am taking a break". Such empty words conveying such empty threats. And everyone knows it.
What would happen if one day - one moment, out of the blue, my words - my threats were not empty?

No comments: