Friday, June 11, 2010

Books Full of Memories


Recently we installed a bookcase in our upstairs loft. Well, David Honey put it together and installed it. I loaded it. With my BOOKS...lots and lots and lots of books. They had been in the garage just waiting for their moment to return to the big house.
As I removed each book from their storage box,dust filled my nose and memories flooded my mind. Memories of my little ones on my lap as I read "Good Night Moon". Giggling toddlers hearing the words "Everybody Poops". Preschool mom's wiping tears away as I read "Love You Forever" at a Mother's Tea. Growling little boys pretending to be the King of all Wild Things, Max. And the ultimate lesson of revenge not really being so sweet in "The Little Mole Who Went In Search of Whodunit".
I love my books so much, but I have waaaaaay too many of them and soon I must go through and thin them out! Perhaps some will go to my children's children and some to the goodwill. But wherever they go, my hope is that they are loved and new memories are made.


Some Books I recommend for you, for your children, for fun:
The Secret Garden
Any book by Robert Munsch
Jane Eyre
Little Women
Wuthering Heights
Twilight Series
Harry Potter Series
Sookie Stackhouse Series
Noel Stretfeld Books

No comments: